***ALL APPLICANTS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL***
Please note: This position may be eligible for remote work or a hybrid model of in-office/remote
Are you one of those special people who are motivated to win? Are you a natural "people-person" with the ability to connect to strangers? Are you driven to succeed, goal oriented and motivated by success? If so, then we want you on our team!
Lawhorn & Malouf, PLLC is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our Litigation Team as a Paralegal.
- Communicate frequently with clients. Clients seek professional services related to the most traumatic events in their lives, so compassion and empathy are critical.
- Administer and maintain electronic document filing system.
- Drafting legal documents (complaints, propound/respond to discovery, have knowledge of civil and criminal procedure and evidence rules, memoranda, pleadings, affidavits etc.).
- Finalizing and proofreading drafts.
- Maintain attorneys' calendar, including calendaring appearances and deadlines.
- Prepare notices, schedule depositions and serve subpoenas.
- Secure medical records from various treating healthcare providers.
- Gather healthcare lien information.
- Assist with fact investigation.
- Previous work experience is not required, but a plus
- If previous work experience is lacking, a paralegal certification is required
- Strong legal drafting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English / Spanish desired. (Please indicate on resume).
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office-based computer programs.
- Must be familar with Apple IOS, Mac computers and products
- Self-motivated and must take initiative.
- Ability to make timely decisions in the face of obstacles, difficulties, and challenges.
- Focus on meeting demanding deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to accuracy, detail and organization.
- Must maintain professionalism in stressful and challenging situations.
- Naturally inquisitive, continuous learner, hungry for new knowledge/skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and function positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of court rules and filing procedures (including e-filing), and ability to adhere to law office procedures.
- Light travel may be required at times
We are looking for an individual who is outgoing, focused, able to manage a high volume and time sensitive workflow effectively and efficiently. Strong people skills are necessary. The position requires one to work both independently and within a team environment.
This is a position for someone who is looking for a long-term commitment with opportunities to grow.
Lawhorn & Malouf, PLLC is a fast-growing law firm with a supportive and fun-loving team. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn and grow, support an expanding business, and build a healthy culture, here is what you need to know to apply:
About Lawhorn & Malouf, PLLC
Lawhorn & Malouf, PLLC is an incredibly fast-moving, innovative law firm that is all about delivering the absolute best client experience and unmatchable legal representation to each and every one of our clients while having an impact on our communities. We're all about working hard and staying humble. In the spirit of humblebragging, here are some of our awards and accolades:
- Texas Super Lawyer and 2 Time Prior Rising Star--Tab Lawhorn, Attorney
- Member of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers - 9 consecutive years
- Our cases have been featured in both national and local media outlets
If you're looking for a job that's boring and easy, you won't find that here. We put 110% into everything we do. Greatness is achieved through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, and we're determined to be great.
We're not crazy; we just believe in what we do.
If you'd like to be part of a recognized, collaborative and downright badass team, then we can't wait to hear from you.
-Flex Work Schedules
-2 weeks paid time off
-Paid Holidays including a Winter Break from December 23rd through January 2
-Employer Matching Health Savings Account
-Complimentary Gym Membership
-Afternoons off on Fridays
-Paid lunch for office at least weekly
-2 bonuses yearly based upon tenure and eligibility
-Annual review that includes raise assessment based upon performance or inflation adjustment
-Newest computer and tech equipment provided and upgraded for each employee
-Walking track access in our office facility
-Healthy snacks including fresh fruit, bottled water, energy drinks, expresso/coffee machine, available in our break room.
The anticipated pay range for candidates who will work in this position is $14.00 to $22.00 per hour + bonuses. The offered pay to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, education, etc.
If you are seriously interested in applying for this position, you first must call this number 903-307-2620 and follow the instructions there in order to be eligible.